Whether you are looking to find new ways to manage stress and anxiety, build self-esteem or overcome a challenging time in your life, let’s embark on this journey to wellness together.
Meet Amanda Schofield
Hi and welcome! Thank you for visting Empowered Wellness. I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and Registered Yoga Teacher in Oviedo, FL. My passion lies in empowering individuals from children to adults to overcome challenges, find peace and happiness and make positive changes in their lives.
I graduated with my Bachelor’s in Psychology from the University of Central Florida and received my Master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling from the University of South Florida. Since then I have completed my 200-hour yoga teacher training and certification in Kids Yoga.
• Anxiety, fear, and obsessive worrying
• Difficulty adjusting to change and life transitions
• Depression, feelings of sadness, and loneliness
• Stress management and self-care
• Low self-esteem and body image
• Family conflict, divorce, blended families
• Healthy relationships, communication and boundaries
Empowered Wellness is rooted in the belief that wellness starts by becoming more intune to our mind and body. Furthermore, exploring the connection between thoughts, emotions and behaviors is vital in working towards making positive changes in life. By taking a holistic approach, we will address all areas of your life including physical, mental, social and spiritual (if applicable). Through yoga and mindfulness, you will learn how to be more present in your relationships and every day tasks. Most importantly, you can expect to be met with compassionate support in a safe and non-judgmental space.
- Managing Your Anxiety With Yoga & MindfulnessMaybe it's society's always on the go mentality. Maybe it's all the technology. Maybe it's the political climate. No matter what the reason is, it seems like anxiety is becoming more and more of an issue every day for millions of Americans. In fact, according to NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, over 40 million … Read more
- Prioritizing Your Mental Health During The HolidaysTis the season to be stressed. As if life wasn't crazy enough, the holidays seem to creep up on us year after year. And if you are the least bit Type A, you know there is quite a bit of added pressure that goes in to the holiday season. Decorate your home, create picture perfect … Read more
- 6 Reasons Why Mindfulness & Yoga Is Perfect For KidsI imagine not many of us born before the millennium ever remember a time in school where we stopped doing class work for a meditation break. It has always been acknowledged that children and teens of all ages need time to stretch their bodies, socialize with peers, work off some pent-up energy and take a … Read more